Last Updated 6 months ago
How to connect PrestaShop with your Facebook Fanpage Reviews?Here you go with steps that have to be taken to connect our module to your Facebook Fanpage. It is possible that the selected steps have already been carried out on your FB Account.
I. Adding an application (if you created an application on Facebook, skip this section):
1. Open https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/
2. Click on "My Apps" in the upper right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Create New App".
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
II. Downloading application ID
1. On https://developers.facebook.com/apps/, select the application assigned to your page
2. At the top, copy the number called "APP ID:" and paste it in the module settings.
III. Downloading the secret application key
1. Select the newly added application.
2. Select Settings-> Basic from the menu on the left.
3. In the "App Secret" field, click on the "Show" button and copy the code from this field to the module settings.
IV. Creating a token for the page
1. Open Graph Explorer: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/
2. Select the created application from the menu on the right.
3. Select your fanpage from the "Get Token" pull-down menu.
4. Click send to generate the token.
5. On the left "Search Field", enter access_token and click submit again. Copy access_token from the main window.
6. Copied access_token is valid by default for 1 day. Facebook allows its extension up to a maximum of 3 months. To do this, open https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/accesstoken and paste access_token. Click "Debug".
7. Click "Extend Access Token". This will extend the token's validity to 3 months.
Remember that after 3 months you should generate a new token and extend it again (perform the 4th stage again).
Because Facebook limits the number of queries to its API, our module gets Facebook reviews once a day. It can also force the download of new opinions by the link provided in the module. You can also connect this link to CRON.